Options Dialog Box

General questions about using ExamDiff Pro, ideas for new features, bug reports, and usage tips.
webghost

Options Dialog Box

Post by webghost »

There is problem that I have addressed by E Mail a number of times. If one has a Lap Top this may be minor, but for a NetBook or NetTop user it is a major problem. Even "normal" Desktop suffers the same problem.
Open "Options" and there is a nice BIG dialog box.Do you want to click on any of the bottom "buttons" (OK,Cancel, Export... etc.?) Lots of luck! The only way I can do it on any computer now is to move the Taskbar off the bottom of the screen. The dialog box must be made "resizeable."
psguru
Site Admin

Re: Options Dialog Box

Post by psguru »

The Options dialog is not resizable, you are right. Making it resizable is a big deal, and will likely benefit a very small number of users. However, its dimensions are not so big: 737 x 536 if you are using normal display DPI setting (96 DPI) [1], it should fit into even small resolutions.

[1] The actual Options dialog size depends on display DPI setting that you use in your Windows. The larger the setting, the larger the dialog. So it may be that your DPI is very large, which explains the troubles you are having.
psguru
PrestoSoft
webghost

Post by webghost »

Since Windows 3.1 1024 X 768.
That leaves two options, leave alone and move the "Task Bar" on the rare times the dialog box's at the bottom have to be used or use another resolution that works, but doesn't cause major adjustment like the "1152 X 864" resolution being tried now, even if my rule is don't mess with the OS for one program. Now back in the day with "20-20" vision... :lol:
psguru
Site Admin

Post by psguru »

1024 X 768
What is your DPI setting?
psguru
PrestoSoft
AlexL
Expert Member

Post by AlexL »

I suspect that webghost has desktop size different from screen resolution. Otherwise EDP dialog box 737x536 should fit Windows resolution 1024x768 with any DPI setting.

If desktop size differs from resolution, then any DPI setting won't help.