Combined HTML Diff Report

General questions about using ExamDiff Pro, ideas for new features, bug reports, and usage tips.
hdstich

Combined HTML Diff Report

Post by hdstich »

hi all,

I'm comparing directories and I would like the HTML Diff Report do include the differences between the two directories (Newer/Older) AND the textual differences of the files.

any hints?

-hd
psguru
Site Admin

Re: Combined HTML Diff Report

Post by psguru »

There's currently no functionality to support what you need. The only way to output both directory comparison results and file diffs is to use command line with /f option and save results to a file (using /o option). The file, however, will be in diff format, not HTML. I don't think formatting dir and file diffs together nicely in HTML is possible anyway.
Last edited by psguru on Sun May 16, 2004 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
psguru
PrestoSoft
hdstich

Post by hdstich »

why not!

the file names in the directory diff could be links to the separate diff files. you just need a naming convention for them.

I will add a vote for this feature...

-hd
psguru
Site Admin

Post by psguru »

I meant that _combining_ dir and file reports in one HTM file is not possible. Having links is a different story -- I'll add the following feature to the wish list:

"Create directory comparison HTML diff report with links to file comparison HTML diff reports"
Last edited by psguru on Sun May 16, 2004 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
psguru
PrestoSoft
hdstich

Post by hdstich »

great, wonderful!

-hd