tabs per document type

General questions about using ExamDiff Pro, ideas for new features, bug reports, and usage tips.
Yahoo Serious
Expert Member

tabs per document type

Post by Yahoo Serious »

I just discovered that one can use tab to indent and unindent a selected block of text. I figured out that setting the tab-length for a document type (in View > Options > Document Type) changes the length of the (un)indentation.

However, I have some questions/requests to change tab-behavior:
- would it be possible to have "Convert new tabs to spaces" per Document Type
- does/will EDP have an (undocumented?) option to distinguish: "Convert new tabs to spaces" and "Convert existing tabs to spaces when saving files"
(see intent in: viewtopic.php?t=194)
- does/will EDP have an option to use spaces for (new) indentation (i.s.o. tabs) [per Document Type]
- does/will EDP have an option to change (new) tabs to spaces directly (while typing) [per Document Type]
- does/will EDP have an option to change (existing) tabs to spaces directly (on opening a file) [per Document Type]
psguru
Site Admin

Post by psguru »

- would it be possible to have "Convert new tabs to spaces" per Document Type
Not yet. Such option doesn't exist even with no regard for document types (it's on the Wish List though).
- does/will EDP have an (undocumented?) option to distinguish: "Convert new tabs to spaces" and "Convert existing tabs to spaces when saving files" (see intent in: viewtopic.php?t=194)
No/yes (when the former option is implemented).
- does/will EDP have an option to use spaces for (new) indentation (i.s.o. tabs) [per Document Type]
No/maybe.
- does/will EDP have an option to change (new) tabs to spaces directly (while typing) [per Document Type]
No/maybe.
- does/will EDP have an option to change (existing) tabs to spaces directly (on opening a file) [per Document Type]
No/unlikely. This seems to a third option, in addition to the two mentioned above (of which the second is implemented).
psguru
PrestoSoft