Roll back to old files

General questions about using FtpVC, ideas for new features, bug reports, and usage tips.
kaycea

Roll back to old files

Post by kaycea »

In CVS, one of the more useful features is rollback, which lets you revert to a prior version of a file. Does FtpVC have a similar feature and how is it used?
psguru
Site Admin

Post by psguru »

There's no direct support for Rollback. Of course, manually you can do it using the History dialog: Get a version that you want to go back to, the exit History, and Check Out the file using "Do not replace local files" option.

I will add your suggestion to FtpVC wish list at http://www.prestosoft.com/ps.asp?page=fvc_suggestions
psguru
PrestoSoft
huke

Any idea about when this will be implemented?

Post by huke »

It would be really nice if one could download a file with older versions or a set of files that are labeled the same?

Any dates available?
psguru
Site Admin

Post by psguru »

This is already possible -- via History command, where you can specify a label filter.
psguru
PrestoSoft
huke

Post by huke »

Hi,

Thank you for the reply.

After right-clicking in a version-coltrolled file, I choose history but I cannot procede from there. I cannot choose the Get and View buttons. Is it because I am using an evaluation copy? I am using version 2.2.a now.

Regards,

Hugo
huke

Post by huke »

Just a clarification regarding my previous post.

After I choose history, I can see the file history (with all its versions) but I cannot choose the Get or View buttons.

Regards,

Hugo
psguru
Site Admin

Post by psguru »

Make sure that you have "Store previous versions..." option set under Project Options | Advanced.
psguru
PrestoSoft
huke

Post by huke »

Could make it. Thank you.