Request: keep view position when changing view filter

General questions about using ExamDiff Pro, ideas for new features, bug reports, and usage tips.
Yahoo Serious
Expert Member

Request: keep view position when changing view filter

Post by Yahoo Serious »

I often turn on the view filter to quickly select the position in a file to go to. Then I turn the view filter off to review the code at that the position.

When toggling the view filter, EDP will always go to the top of the view. However, it does remember the present cursor and the present diff position.

I would like to keep the view position when changing the view filter. So EDP would automatically scroll the present diff position. (As the present cursor position may be invisible if the view filter is turned off.)

I think this would be nice (default) behavior, but of course I would also accept a new option for this.
psguru
Site Admin

Post by psguru »

Try the following option:

Options | Misc | After re-compare scroll vertically to: Previous difference
psguru
PrestoSoft
Yahoo Serious
Expert Member

Post by Yahoo Serious »

Ok, thanks. (I forgot about these settings, but it was set at "previous position" and I would think that means practically the same?

Oh, FWIW, I keep my position, but I loose my selection. Maybe you would want to change that?

Anyway, I got it to work, so thanks!
psguru
Site Admin

Post by psguru »

Ok, thanks. (I forgot about these settings, but it was set at "previous position" and I would think that means practically the same?
It's not always possible to keep the scroll position after enabling/disabling the view filter.
Oh, FWIW, I keep my position, but I loose my selection. Maybe you would want to change that?
Again, not all text is visible after enabling the filter. These options work better for re-comparison than for enabling/disabling the view filter.
psguru
PrestoSoft