FtpVC new final release data?

General questions about using FtpVC, ideas for new features, bug reports, and usage tips.
Hunter

FtpVC new final release data?

Post by Hunter »

Hi presto Soft!

Your tool is great it is exactly what we have been looking for since a long time. Currently we are evaluating FtpVC and plan on purchasing it if we find it to be a solid.

I am afraid to say that the last non-beta version did not work for us. No matter what we tried, it did not show us the status of the files. Upgrading to the Beta resolved the problem; we did not even have to modify the settings.

However, the beta version appears to do odd things. I can't confirm it yet, but if I can reproduce it I will let you know.
Sometimes local source files are write-enabled, however, the file is not even checked out. This is a bit inconvenient.

I also noticed that if I check out a file as "second", I can not check it back in. This seems to happen if the one who checked it out as "first" checks it back in before me. Then my status seems to be lost.

I would love to see a new stable release version.
Can you tell me when you plan on releasing it, or if you plan on putting out a new beta?

Thank you!

Hunter.
psguru
Site Admin

Post by psguru »

> Sometimes local source files are write-enabled, however, the file is not even
> checked out. This is a bit inconvenient.

We haven't seen such behavior. If you can reproduce it, please send us the steps.

> I also noticed that if I check out a file as "second", I can not check it
> back in. This seems to happen if the one who checked it out as "first" checks it
> back in before me. Then my status seems to be lost.

Second check-out doesn't really fully checks a file out. All it does is that it gets you a copy of the file and makes that local copy writable. It also sets status of the file to "Current". Other then that, the file is still recorded as checked-out by the first user.

> Can you tell me when you plan on releasing it, or if you plan on putting out a
> new beta?

A new beta with multi-label support is expected next week. After that a few other features are planned so a couple new betas are expected.
psguru
PrestoSoft