Hot wheels :-)

General questions about using ExamDiff Pro, ideas for new features, bug reports, and usage tips.
MSpagni
Expert Member

Hot wheels :-)

Post by MSpagni »

There is a problem if, while doing a manual resync, you use the mouse wheel to scroll the texts.
The text scrolls in both panes but the synch starting point doesn't move, so, when you release the mouse button, the synch starting point is wrong.
N.B. It doesn't matter if the synch starting point is in the right or left pane.
psguru
Site Admin

Re: Hot wheels :-)

Post by psguru »

While I sympathize with your problem, making this work would not justify the effort. It's not really that easy to hold the left mouse button down, track the pointer, and at the same time use the wheel (I tried). Besides, you can scroll panes while creating manual sync points by dragging the mouse up and down the pane.
psguru
PrestoSoft
MSpagni
Expert Member

Post by MSpagni »

Well, I can understand that to fix this could be not trivial, but what surprises me is that you find it difficult to "handle" the mouse that way.
For me it's very natural to move the mouse or rotate the wheel (but usually not both at the same time) while keeping the mouse key pressed.
Using the wheel is also much more smooth and precise than using the autoscroll.

I suppose you're not a musician; in particular, not a keyboard player... :wink:

N.B. In Windows XP the trick is simply impossibile because the wheel is ignored during manual resynch
psguru
Site Admin

Post by psguru »

We'll actually have a fix for this in the next build of Version 12.
psguru
PrestoSoft
MSpagni
Expert Member

Post by MSpagni »

Really?
Wow, thank you (as always).
MSpagni
Expert Member

Post by MSpagni »

Good, thank you. :!:
But... there is a technical reason for the wheel being ignored during manual resynch on XP?
psguru
Site Admin

Post by psguru »

My guess would be Windows API that doesn't not support full mouse wheel functionality under XP.
psguru
PrestoSoft