Other crashes

General questions about using ExamDiff Pro, ideas for new features, bug reports, and usage tips.
MSpagni
Expert Member

Other crashes

Post by MSpagni »

I was comparing a couple of moderately sized .zip files (600 kb) when I saw that the plugins were disabled and the dialog was saying: "Comparing files as hex strings". Since that was not what I needed I clicked "cancel".
Crash!
I tried again 4 or 5 times in a row and I always got a crash when I clicked "Cancel".
Then I enabled the plugins to look at what I needed (ok... almost; more on this in another topic) and reverted to binary conversion to check if EDP crashed again.
No. :roll:
More retries and sometimes EDP crashed, sometimes not.

N.B. EDP 32 on XP.
P.S. Since I haven't any "standard" mailer registered on windows, no mailer opens up to send the minidump. Where can I find the minidumps?
psguru
Site Admin

Re: Other crashes

Post by psguru »

Would be nice to get a reproducible scenario... As for minidumps, try %SystemRoot%\Minidump.
psguru
PrestoSoft
psguru
Site Admin

Post by psguru »

Actually, we did get this crash after all. As always, the fix is coming in the next 12.0 build.
psguru
PrestoSoft
MSpagni
Expert Member

Post by MSpagni »

As always, a big thank you. :D

N.B. Of course I already tried a scan of the disk (not with windows search!) searching for "minidump" with no results.