Just can't get it to work?

General questions about using FtpVC, ideas for new features, bug reports, and usage tips.
rattus

Just can't get it to work?

Post by rattus »

Firstly, I love ExamDiff Pro... Secondly, I thought FtpVC was a great idea... Thirdly, I just can't seem to get it to work?

I uploaded a bunch of files and directories to an FTP site, (couldn't see any way in FtpVC to directly select a collection of files and folders for inclusion in the remote FtpVC site). I then tried to "attach" the files. FtpVC took an awful long time examining each file, (or doing something) and then proclaimed that each had been "added" but was "missing"?

My local folder appears to be set correctly, and my remote folder is where it should be?

hmmm... hang on, my local folder is a "subst" drive maybe thats the problem? I will just wait for the hour its gonna take for this "attach" to finally complete and then I'll change the local path to the actual path. Whenh FtpVC is doing something the GUI becomes very unresponsive... the multi-threading may need a little work here?

Why does FtpVC take forever to process every command or navigation? I have a lot of files in this FTP repository but they are in a lots of sub-folders with only a few in each folder. I would expect that it only needs to refresh the current path?

Most of my software projects have over 100 files in more than 10 sub-folders. Can FtpVC handle this? You may assume that I will always have at least a 1.5M ADSL connection.

Cheers,
Keith.
psguru
Site Admin

Post by psguru »

Subst should be OK. And yes, FtpVC can handle your number of files and more.

As far as not being able to get it to work, and its slow performance, I'll need more information from you to figure that out. The logging instructions have been sent you as a private message.
psguru
PrestoSoft