Cannot paste Registration Key into Activation Window

General questions about using ExamDiff Pro, ideas for new features, bug reports, and usage tips.
lothian

Cannot paste Registration Key into Activation Window

Post by lothian »

I am running WIndows 10 and have installed ExamDiff Pro build 7.0.1.26 (64-bit) and cannot paste anything at all into the registration window. I can type into it, but refuse to type that long file in by hand. I must be doing something wrong but don't know what it could be.

Anybody experience this?

Thanks
psguru
Site Admin

Re: Cannot paste Registration Key into Activation Window

Post by psguru »

We have seen a couple of reports from users experiencing the same problem when anti-virus software is used (for instance, see https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroo ... td-p/21588 for a similar issue that is not related to our products). Perhaps you can temporarily disable your anti-virus software in order to register ExamDiff Pro.
psguru
PrestoSoft
MSpagni
Expert Member

Re: Cannot paste Registration Key into Activation Window

Post by MSpagni »

A quote from MSDN Technet forum:
After a lot of research, I noticed that my paste issue only occurred when I had my browser running. It transpired, that is was when any browser (Firefox, Safari, IE, etc) was running.
Long story short, it was my Webroot security software blocking some of my programs which were attempting to read the Clipboard.
It makes sense, I have a browser open so I wouldn't want an untrusted application gaining access to my clipboard as it may contain a password. I just hadn't realized that it was doing this. When I disabled the Protect Clipboard Data option, everything worked again.
Webroot prompted me to disallow / allow a particular program to access the clipboard, with an option to remember my choice. So, I gave certain programs permission and then switched the protection option back on, as I think that it is a great feature.
I would guess that other security suites use this methodology so if you are experiencing paste issues, you may find it beneficial to check your security suites settings.
Another from elsewere:
Webroot was, in fact, the problem. Switching off the browser didn't help (I use Chrome - dunno if that's relevant)

(omissis)

Chrome is, in fact, relevant - the damn thng NEVER unloads... To actually close it you have to go into task manager and kill the process.

(omissis)

Chrome will continue running in the background if the user has certain add-ons enabled, including Drive and Hangouts. There may be others, but at least for me, I know that those two will keep my Chrome running.
Hope this helps.