Option to NOT use Windows Explorer copy

General questions about using ExamDiff Pro, ideas for new features, bug reports, and usage tips.
tealduck

Option to NOT use Windows Explorer copy

Post by tealduck »

Hello,

I am evaluating the software and am somewhat new to the program. Does someone know if there is an option to turn off the use of Windows Explorer API for file operations. It seems silly that I have to confirm a replacement with the dialog box when I have performed a much more detailed analysis from within the application.

Version: 8.0.0.4 (32-bit)

Thanks in advance for any assistance
psguru
Site Admin

Re: Option to NOT use Windows Explorer copy

Post by psguru »

No, there's no such option. Our opinion is that a confirmation is always a good idea during file operation, and of course you can answer "Apply to all", so we are talking about at most two extra clicks. On top of this, Delete Shell file operation provides Undelete functionality via the Recycle Bin.
psguru
PrestoSoft
tealduck

Post by tealduck »

Well confirmations can be good but with most file managers it is not autocratic. Regardless, it seems lazy to just use the Explorer shell API and not the Windows API. Oh well thankfully it is only an evaluation.
MSpagni
Expert Member

Post by MSpagni »

I find absolutely terrible the copy confirm dialog that Microsoft put in use from windows 7 onward. A great Microsoft idea :-(
My solution? Classic Shell.

And, about the delete confirmation, I disabled it since win 3.1.
There is the recycle bin, just in case, so don't nag me.
(Yes, I know, if the files are on a USB key or on a different computer... but I'll take the risk.)