Checking out to local source directory? Mapping? Help!!!!

General questions about using FtpVC, ideas for new features, bug reports, and usage tips.
ChrisKersey

Checking out to local source directory? Mapping? Help!!!!

Post by ChrisKersey »

I'm a little confused here. I have a directory structure that is identical to that of my remote server. I set up my local directory to correspond with the root of my remote directory.

So server directory reads like this:

server: /inetpub/wwwroot/test
local: c:\project

the server has subdirectories, but when I checkout a file from the server's subdirectory (under /test/directoryB), the file is transferred to my root c:\project directory, not my c:\project\directoryB directory.

Is this by design or a bug? Please advise. I need checked out files to reside in the same directory structure as my remote server...

please help!
Chris
psguru
Site Admin

Post by psguru »

The file should go to c:\project\directoryB local directory. When you select the file, then click Check-Out, what local does the Check-Out dialog suggest?
Last edited by psguru on Sat Feb 19, 2005 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
psguru
PrestoSoft
ChrisKersey

Post by ChrisKersey »

psguru wrote:The file should go to c:\project\directoryB local directory. When you select the file, then click Check-Out, what local does the Ceck-Out dialog suggest?
It suggests c:\project

I just noticed now that i can edit that entry, let me try changing it and get back to you.
ChrisKersey

Post by ChrisKersey »

ChrisKersey wrote:
It suggests c:\project

I just noticed now that i can edit that entry, let me try changing it and get back to you.
phew... okay. When viewing the remote branch at

server:/level1/level2/file.txt

and I right click the file.txt and choose "Check out", the check out dialog pops up, and the Local directory is pre-populated with the the following:

local: c:\level1\

Ideally, I want it to prepopulate c:\level1\level2 , but as long as I can edit this path, it's workable for now. Is there a setting I missed? Is it supposed to prepopulate with the path I want, or does it always default to the root specified in the setup dialog?

2.3 beta btw.
psguru
Site Admin

Post by psguru »

As I said, it should automatically default to the proper sub-level. Try exporting your options and settings to 2 files (using Export to File button) and sending them privately to me.
psguru
PrestoSoft