Keyboard shortcuts + Delete

General questions about using ExamDiff Pro, ideas for new features, bug reports, and usage tips.
MudGuard
Expert Member

Keyboard shortcuts + Delete

Post by MudGuard »

Hi,

I try to define some keyboard shortcuts for editing files (Ctrl-C, Ctrl-X, Ctrl-V ...), most of them successfully.
I also wanted to assign the normal delete functionality to the delete key, i.e. if there is a selection, delete it, otherwise delete the character to the right of the cursor.

I find three delete commands in Edit category:
Delete - which is supposed to delete the selection, but doesn't do anything (if assigned to a key, it works from context menu).
Delete Back - which, if there is a selection, deletes it, otherwise deletes the character to the left of the cursor (this one works when assigned to a key) - which is typically the behaviour of the backspace key.
Delete Block - which deletes the complete "Comparison block".

What I am looking for is a Delete Forward ...

It is irritating that I can't use the Delete key in the way I can use it in every other program ...

Andreas
(licensed user for many years)
psguru
Site Admin

Re: Keyboard shortcuts + Delete

Post by psguru »

I have to admit I'm a little confused. All of these shortcuts already work in the text comparison views so there's no need to define them. If you changed them in the past, or they somehow got corrupt, use the Reset To Default button on the Keyboard options page, and the shortcuts will be restored.
psguru
PrestoSoft
MudGuard
Expert Member

Re: Keyboard shortcuts + Delete

Post by MudGuard »

somehow the shortcuts must have been lost, so I tried to define them again.
But I couldn't get Delete to work.

I now reset the keyboard stuff, and Delete works again.

I must say I didn't "see" the button ...

Now I am happy again, I can use delete as in any other app again!