File copy during directory comparison loses timestamp

General questions about using ExamDiff Pro, ideas for new features, bug reports, and usage tips.
commutator

File copy during directory comparison loses timestamp

Post by commutator »

I'm using Windows 11 Pro build 22631 - latest available to me - and new install of EDP 15.0.1.5. I've used EDP for years doing file comparisons but only switched to using it for directory comparisons today. When I compare directories I want to synch them manually by choosing which diffs to propagate. When I click on the arrow in the margin to copy a file to the other directory, the resulting file gets the current timestamp. Same when I right click on the file and choose to copy to other directory, and when I use the arrow on the toolbar. Under Options - Directory comparison - Other, the option to 'Timestamp copied files with current time' is unchecked. I've tried changing this option back & forth and restarting the app without any luck.

When I use the synchronize directories tool the timestamps are maintained in the synch.

How can I maintain the timestamps when manually selecting which files to copy in which direction?

Thanks,
Fred
psguru
Site Admin

Re: File copy during directory comparison loses timestamp

Post by psguru »

I cannot reproduce this with the latest build 15.0.1.5. For me, 'Timestamp copied files with current time' works as expected: if this option is set, ExamDiff Pro will set the modified time of all files/directories copied from one pane to another to the current time. If not, the copied file will have the same timestamp as the source file.
psguru
PrestoSoft