Please clarify how licensing works??

General questions about using ExamDiff Pro, ideas for new features, bug reports, and usage tips.
Gorlash

Please clarify how licensing works??

Post by Gorlash »

If I get the current version, will it actually be tied to specific machines?? Will there be some way I can delete older machines from the list of registered machines, after the fact?? Or would I just be able to send an email saying "I don't have that old machine any more" ??
psguru
Site Admin

Re: Please clarify how licensing works??

Post by psguru »

Will there be some way I can delete older machines from the list of registered machines, after the fact??
You will be able to deactivate your old machine(s).
psguru
PrestoSoft
Gorlash

Re: Please clarify how licensing works??

Post by Gorlash »

Okay, thank ye all for your feedbacks, both here and on my previous question about version changes.

I've decided to just stay with version 7, which I've been using for many years. There *are* a few changes that I might find useful since V7, and the copy-protection mechanism might not be too obstructive... however, with the version that I'm using now, I just keep a .zip file of the install directory, and if I need it on a new machine, I just unzip the file into a directory, and it works; it knows it's a registered version, and there is no bookkeeping to be dealt with... and as I noted before, I've been using it since 2014 and it has worked quite nicely for me...

Thank you again for your assistance.