Zoom?

General questions about using ExamDiff Pro, ideas for new features, bug reports, and usage tips.
MSpagni
Expert Member

Zoom?

Post by MSpagni »

No, not the video communicator! I mean the magnifier! :D

I was comparing a couple of C files when I tried to edit one of them in EDP.
With my great surprise, instead of seeing appear what I was typing, the panes were zooming.
The cause was the "}", not such a rare char in C! :roll: The same happens with "]", that is: both keys do a zoom in.

In my keyboard, "]" is obtained with <alt graph>"+"; "}" with <alt graph><shift>"+".
By the way: "[" is obtained with <alt graph>"è"; "{" with <alt graph><shift>"è", and these work perfectly.
The alternative to <alt graph> is <ctrl><alt>, but also <ctrl><alt>"+" zooms instead of inserting "]".

I suppose that windows replaces <alt graph> with <ctrl><alt>, then the EDP editor ignores >alt> but keeps >ctrl>"+", hence the zoom.
In <alt graph><shift>"+", the <shift> too is ignored.
Maybe it can be that, more generally, EDP ignores the ""chords"; I don't know.
psguru
Site Admin

Re: Zoom?

Post by psguru »

Probably a result of http://www.prestoforums.com/viewtopic.p ... acb7#p6867

I cannot reproduce this with } or ]. My keyboards, however don't have <alt graph>. I wonder what happens when use these key combination in a browser; after all CTRL++, CTRL+-, CTRL+0 are commands zoom commands in them.

BTW, the next build will make sure to to only support CTRL++, CTRL+-, CTRL+0 commands, not when they are combined with Alt or Shift.
psguru
PrestoSoft
MSpagni
Expert Member

Post by MSpagni »

Sorry, I skipped to say that I'm using an Italian keyboard.
When I say "the key '+''' I mean a key on the immediate left of the big main "enter" (scan key 0x1B, virtual key 0xBB) whose function is:
standard = "+"
shift = "*"
alt graph, i.e. ctrl alt = "]"
alt graph shift, i.e. ctrl alt shift = "}"
psguru
Site Admin

Post by psguru »

I think in any case, this should help:
BTW, the next build will make sure to to only support CTRL++, CTRL+-, CTRL+0 commands, not when they are combined with Alt or Shift.
psguru
PrestoSoft