Ignore line breaks

General questions about using ExamDiff Pro, ideas for new features, bug reports, and usage tips.
psguru
Site Admin

Re: Ignore line breaks

Post by psguru »

If the current diff is off the screen because you clicked on it and scrolled up a bit, then you are unable to get back to it using the arrows.
You can: use the Current Diff command (the square button between the up and down arrows).
psguru
PrestoSoft
mshumway

Post by mshumway »

psguru wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:21 am You can: use the Current Diff command (the square button between the up and down arrows).
Yup, sorry I just figured this out as you were replying. I believe that does take care of this particular issue. Dunno why I never clicked on that square!

Thanks again!

Regarding my original issue.. I am wondering if you know what it is about your Diff versus the one I currently use that makes it so mine does do what I need. Like, if I wanted to explain to someone about that particular feature, does it have a name? Is it due to ExamDiff being line based?

Just for comparison, here is how our current Diff program shows that exact same change in my previous screenshot:
Screenshot 2021-06-24 114213.png
Screenshot 2021-06-24 114213.png (29.38 KiB) Viewed 3525 times
Last edited by mshumway on Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
psguru
Site Admin

Post by psguru »

Yes, EDP is, like most diff tools, a line-based utility. I think "ignoring line breaks" is a fine way to describe your feature. What tool are you using that does this?
psguru
PrestoSoft
mshumway

Post by mshumway »

psguru wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:42 am Yes, EDP is, like most diff tools, a line-based utility. I think "ignoring line breaks" is a fine way to describe your feature. What tool are you using that does this?
I added some info in my post above. Its actually just the diff program that came with our code repository software, Sourcegear Vault.
psguru
Site Admin

Post by psguru »

So for this example, what do the relevant file fragments look like? Could you attach both files or their fragments illustrated in the image?
psguru
PrestoSoft
mshumway

Post by mshumway »

psguru wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:47 am So for this example, what do the relevant file fragments look like? Could you attach both files or their fragments illustrated in the image?
I guess im not sure what you mean by file fragment. They are just .html files. I scrubbed them a bit and zipped them up and attached them if you would like to look at them yourself.
test.zip
(1.26 KiB) Downloaded 327 times