After Sorting, records are not displayed Any empty lines in other window.

General questions about using ExamDiff Pro, ideas for new features, bug reports, and usage tips.
narendrac

After Sorting, records are not displayed Any empty lines in other window.

Post by narendrac »

Hi Team,

I was compare two excel files ,in that one record is more than the other excel.after using sort option. matched records are shows in top and mismatched records are shows in last.but in there is no empty line for mismatched lines for other window. is there any option to differentiate with empty lines in the mismatched records.

Regards,
NarendraReddy.
Attachments
before sort.PNG
before sort.PNG (123.01 KiB) Viewed 8319 times
after sort.JPG
after sort.JPG (103.99 KiB) Viewed 8319 times
psguru
Site Admin

Re: After Sorting, records are not displayed Any empty lines in other window.

Post by psguru »

Use "Ignore All Blank Lines" under Options | Text Compare.
psguru
PrestoSoft
narendrac

Post by narendrac »

Thanks for Quick reply.
When I was using two excel files ,with 100 records in A1 file and 98 records in A2 file,in Both files 98 records are same.but 2 records are different in A1. when was compare A1 & A2 ExamDiffPro shows most of the records are mismatched.

My requirement is Application should show matched records in side by side in Both Windows and Different records are shows empty lines in other window.

I already Use Sort option in Both Excel and ExamDifpro also. But no use.

Please provide solution As early as possible.

Thanks,
NarendraReddy.
Attachments
empty lines.png
empty lines.png (240.58 KiB) Viewed 8312 times
JeremyNicoll
Expert Member

Post by JeremyNicoll »

In your "empty lines.png" you have highlighted lines 273, 274 in the lefthand view as "different". But the lines above 273 are also different from the corresponding lines in the righthand view.

You want 'empty lines' in the righthand view? But if they were there, that would imply that the rh file's line 273 somehow matched the lh line 275. But the lines' contents are wildly different.

It looks to me as if you want the lines to be synchronised by the 'key' ?? value in the first field of each line, then a subsidiary comparison to be done on the other contents. Is that possible in EDP?
psguru
Site Admin

Post by psguru »

This is usually achieved by ignoring some unimportant parts of lines. If this is not possible, use manual synchronization to change how the diff engine matches lines.

To use manual synchronization, enable the synchronizing splitter (View | Synchronizing Splitter), then hover with the mouse over its edges and eventually click/drag/click for the lines you want to match.
psguru
PrestoSoft