How to register the license for a new user

General questions about using ExamDiff Pro, ideas for new features, bug reports, and usage tips.
rmmem

How to register the license for a new user

Post by rmmem »

I am a part of a corporate organisation involved in J2EE project. we are currently using Examdiffpro as part of configuration management. We have license for 10 users. Currently only 5 licenses are being used.ie, only 5 PCs in our network have licensed versions. i tried to register as a sixth licensed user. But i am not able to do so. After giving the license key, it says' Registered successfully'. But the title bar still says 'Unregistered Evaluation copy'. Can somebody give inputs on how to register with the license key we already have.

Thanks in advance
psguru
Site Admin

Post by psguru »

It's hard to assist you without more information. Please send me a private message with the details of your license and the version you are using.
psguru
PrestoSoft
rmmem

Post by rmmem »

Hi....Thanks for the immediate reply.

I dont handle the license information . But I can assure you that the license is for 10 users. The registration date is Nov 2 2006. The version is 3.4. The following information is given to me by our team lead. The license no, my team lead copies it for me by following the instructions below.

Registration instructions for version 3.4
---------------------------------------------------------------
Start ExamDiff Pro, then go to the Help | About ExamDiff Pro... , click
Ctrl+R, enter (copy/paste) the code below, then click OK.

After the above steps, the application says 'Registered successfully'. But, the 'About Examdiff Pro' window still shows as 'Evaluation Copy'. The title bar still says 'Unregistered Evaluation Copy'.

I assume that the license key is valid for 10 users in the same network. But currently only 5 are using the licensed version.

Will the above info be sufficient to suggest some solutions.
Please could you help me with this.

Thanks in advance.
psguru
Site Admin

Post by psguru »

This has nothing to do with the number of users on the network. If your license was purchased on Nov 2, 2006, your password will work with 3.5 and even with 4.0 Beta. Please try them out and let me know if the key works. If not, please send me the key in a private message, so that I could test it.
psguru
PrestoSoft