"Search wrapped" sound / message

General questions about using ExamDiff Pro, ideas for new features, bug reports, and usage tips.
Yahoo Serious
Expert Member

"Search wrapped" sound / message

Post by Yahoo Serious »

Some minor points:

- tiny bug:
There is no "Search wrapped" sound when searching up (i.s.o. searching down).

- small feature search/request
I'd like to be able to turn the "search wrapped"-sound off and get a message instead, to spare my colleagues.

Cheers, Yahoo
psguru
Site Admin

Post by psguru »

- tiny bug:
There is no "Search wrapped" sound when searching up (i.s.o. searching down).
I can't reproduce this in 3.5. I get both message and sound, for both down and up searches.
- small feature search/request
I'd like to be able to turn the "search wrapped"-sound off and get a message instead, to spare my colleagues.
Another option? I'm not sure. Can't you just turn down/off the volume if you don't want to bother your colleagues?
psguru
PrestoSoft
Yahoo Serious
Expert Member

Post by Yahoo Serious »

I can't reproduce it anymore ...

Just turning all sound down/off is not an option, since I will need my general system notifications (and some .wav audio for work). But maybe this is a specific sound which I can turn off via Control Panel > Sound and Audio Devices > Sounds ?
(I don't see an ExamDiff or Search Wrapped though, so I'm afraid it will be the general system notification?)
psguru
Site Admin

Post by psguru »

"Asterisk" sound is used for the wrapping notifications. So you could actually go to the Control Panel and change this event's sound. It will, however, affect all other applications on your machine so this may not be such a good idea.

I guess we could have an option that controls all of the EDPro's sounds but perhaps in the Registry other than in the GUI. This would be a simple On/Off switch. Please let me know what you think about this.
psguru
PrestoSoft
Yahoo Serious
Expert Member

Post by Yahoo Serious »

Sounds good ;-)
psguru
Site Admin

Post by psguru »

This will be added to the next build of 3.5. One note though: the setting will not disable sounds that come from Windows (such as the ones generated when the MessageBox API is invoked).
psguru
PrestoSoft
Yahoo Serious
Expert Member

Post by Yahoo Serious »

I don't see the registry entry in build 3.5.1.4, April 29, 2007. Is this bypass included but not created? Could you then specify the path and value I should use?
psguru
Site Admin

Post by psguru »

It's

Code: Select all

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\PrestoSoft\ExamDiff Pro\Settings\Use Sounds
psguru
PrestoSoft