License?

General questions about using ExamDiff Pro, ideas for new features, bug reports, and usage tips.
Dragon

License?

Post by Dragon »

Hello, PrestoSoft Team

I'm using the forum as I can't find what I'm looking for on your website and there was no other reliable communication form available. (I don't use "mail forms", primarly because then I don't have a copy of my original mail)

I'm working in a big company which requires all software to be centrally approved. They have white, grey and blacklisting - which most Open Source Software being greylisted at best due to "as-is" and (re)liability statements.

I'd like to use Examdiff Pro at work, since I own a copy privately and am very happy with it. Unfortunately it's not greylisted nor not-listed, but your software is already blacklisted here!

The stated reason was "Could not agree on license terms with vendor".

The version mentioned in the list was quite old, so I issued a request for re-evaluation several weeks back. I just got a mail asking me if I knew the license terms - and unfortunately, looking at the web site, I couldn't find them.

Could you please help me? I'd love to be allowed to use Examdiff Pro at work, but if I can't find a license, or it does not clearly indicate what's allowed, has a "as-is"-disclaimer even for gross negligence, etc. it will surely be blacklisted again.

Funnily, a subsdidiary of us is listed under your 'corporate clients'. I do not know what they did, but chances are if central IT blacklists Examdiff Pro again and notices them, they probably have a hard time explaining why they use it.
MudGuard
Expert Member

Post by MudGuard »

As you already have a copy of ExamDiff Pro, go to Help - Contents, select "Information" and then "Disclaimer of Warranty".
psguru
Site Admin

Post by psguru »

You can find the license terms in the Readme.txt file that is shipped with the program. You can also locate them in the Help (see http://www.prestosoft.com/ps.asp?page=h ... /licensing and http://www.prestosoft.com/ps.asp?page=h ... f_warranty).
psguru
PrestoSoft
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

Thanks. I hoped there would be a bit more, assuming our legal department expects more. I'll ask them and hope it's ok.
psguru
Site Admin

Post by psguru »

And if it isn't, please let us now what additional information they expected.
psguru
PrestoSoft