Licensing question

General questions about using ExamDiff Pro, ideas for new features, bug reports, and usage tips.
kemperkj

Licensing question

Post by kemperkj »

My company is getting ready to purchase about 20 copies of Exam Diff Pro, and I have questions about the licensing.

Is there an annual maintenance fee?
What is the policy on upgrades? DO we get free upgrades for a certain amount of time?

Is this a per-PC license? For example, I have a desktop PC at work and a laptop for after-hours-support. I use only 1 at at time. Do I need 1 or 2 licences?

Can I purchase a few extra copies and put the product on CITRIX to be shared by infrequent users? Or by people with licensed-copies on their desktop, but working remotely from home? (We can manage this manually, so we don't abuse the license)

Thanks
Kathy
psguru
Site Admin

Re: Licensing question

Post by psguru »

kemperkj wrote:Is there an annual maintenance fee? What is the policy on upgrades? DO we get free upgrades for a certain amount of time?
Each purchased license includes unlimited e-mail support and 12 months worth of free upgrades. After 12 months pass, you may purchase a new version at the upgrade price.
Is this a per-PC license? For example, I have a desktop PC at work and a laptop for after-hours-support. I use only 1 at at time. Do I need 1 or 2 licences?
One. From the Readme.txt file: "One purchased copy of ExamDiff Pro may either be used by a single person who uses the software personally on one or more computers, or installed on a single PC used nonsimultaneously by multiple people, but not both."
Can I purchase a few extra copies and put the product on CITRIX to be shared by infrequent users? Or by people with licensed-copies on their desktop, but working remotely from home? (We can manage this manually, so we don't abuse the license)
Quoting again: "You may access the purchased version of ExamDiff Pro through a network, provided that you have obtained individual licenses for the software covering all PCs that will access the software through the network. For example, if 10 different PCs will access ExamDiff Pro on the network, each of the 10 PCs must have its own ExamDiff Pro license, regardless of whether they use ExamDiff Pro at different times or concurrently."
psguru
PrestoSoft
kemperkj

THank you

Post by kemperkj »

psguru --Many thanks for the fast reply. I'm eager to start using the neat new features.
Kathy