File updated by other person, I only see old one

General questions about using FtpVC, ideas for new features, bug reports, and usage tips.
elmonty

File updated by other person, I only see old one

Post by elmonty »

When I check files in and out myself, FtpVC looks like it's working great. When I have somebody else check in a file, I can't see the changes. The file in FtpVC still looks to me like the one I previously checked in. It still shows my name next to the file. The file date and time is still the one from my previous check in. When I do a GET or CHECK OUT, I still get mine, not the latest version. When I use FileZilla to connect to the FTP server, I see the correct, latest version. Even if I select Refresh, FtpVC still shows me the old one. The other guy that checked in the file sees his version.
psguru
Site Admin

Post by psguru »

If you use FtpVC along with somebody else (or it's used from more than 1 PC), the behavior you are seeing is most likely a result of different PCs having different values for Project Options | Startup | "FtpVC directory (relative to the remote directory)" setting. One way to prevent it is to upload an options file to your server and use the FtpVC option to load the file.
psguru
PrestoSoft
elmonty

Post by elmonty »

Would that prevent the use of separate local directories?

I've seen several other posts here on this same problem. It seems to be a common hangup.
psguru
Site Admin

Post by psguru »

Would that prevent the use of separate local directories?
I'm not sure what you mean. The problem is not local directories, it's the "FtpVC directory (relative to the remote directory)" setting. That setting must point to the same directory for all of the project users.
psguru
PrestoSoft
elmonty

Post by elmonty »

What I mean is that the local directory setting is also part of the project options. So if I force everyone to use the same options file, would that also force them all to use the same local directory?
psguru
Site Admin

Post by psguru »

Yes. But you don't have to include all exported options in your shared Options file. You can only include the ones that you want to be consistent for all users.
psguru
PrestoSoft