Adding files + checking out uses duplicate directory name

General questions about using FtpVC, ideas for new features, bug reports, and usage tips.
elmonty

Adding files + checking out uses duplicate directory name

Post by elmonty »

I'm evaluating FtpVC and I'm having a heck of a time. When I add files to the project using Add Directory, it always duplicates the directory name I select, so the files go onto the FTP server in the directory ftproot/projectroot/projectroot.

After 4 tries of recreating the FtpVC project (where each time I had to go to the FTP server and manually delete all the files, which wasn't easy because of all the hidden files), I managed to get things into the ftproot/projectroot folder, but only if I add files, not add directories.

Then, when I check out a file, it wants to put it in my local directory projectroot/projectroot.

How do I get it to stop doing this?
psguru
Site Admin

Post by psguru »

Code: Select all

When I add files to the project using Add Directory, it always duplicates the directory name I select, so the files go onto the FTP server in the directory ftproot/projectroot/projectroot.
If you select ftproot/projectroot in FtpVC and add c:\projectroot, the result will creation of ftproot/projectroot/projectroot on the server. If you need ftproot/projectroot, select ftproot instead.
Then, when I check out a file, it wants to put it in my local directory projectroot/projectroot.
Again, make sure that your local directory is one level above your subfolder. It is quite intuitive in terms of files; dealing with directories is a direct extrapolation of that.
psguru
PrestoSoft