Hmm... Unable to get old file versions

General questions about using FtpVC, ideas for new features, bug reports, and usage tips.
tester13

Hmm... Unable to get old file versions

Post by tester13 »

I am experimenting with your VC solution.

And constantly get things like
'Message Box: File LAB4_2.PAS;1 does not exist!' trying to retrieve old vile versions. And I checked, thay are not in FTP folders.

I use normal Add-Check In-(Edit)-Check-Out commands. I have normal history, but then I press Get, I really get not file, but error.
I get same error on two completely different FTP servers.

And try to use deltas, not files.

P.S. As I am also Micro-ISV owner I can say that forcing someone to register to just report bug in your program is quite stupid. This is why you have such a small feedback.
tester13

aaaa

Post by tester13 »

UPDATE : I got it. This is just user interface design bug. "Store previous versions of files on the server" is not checked on by default. And this is version control system.... Guys, you must clearly say user that you and your program are nuts, and not blame him for error he din't make.

BTW. I got Internal Server Error trying to edit previous message.
psguru
Site Admin

Post by psguru »

And try to use deltas, not files.
FtpVC is a simple and low-cost VC system, and deltas are not used "by design", at least in the current version. Additionally, (1) retrieving a previous version is much easier -- using a regular FTP client, and (2) getting multiple reverse delta in order to retrieve an old version is not very efficient using FTP .
P.S. As I am also Micro-ISV owner I can say that forcing someone to register to just report bug in your program is quite stupid. This is why you have such a small feedback.
Forums is not the only means of submitting feedback -- see http://prestosoft.com/ps.asp?page=ps_email . If there was no registration (and we tried that), the forum gets quickly filled with spam.
Guys, you must clearly say user that you and your program are nuts, and not blame him for error he din't make.

"Store previous versions of files on the server" option is set by default in the upcoming version 2.4.
psguru
PrestoSoft