Trace Instructions

General questions about using FtpVC, ideas for new features, bug reports, and usage tips.
vgrace

Trace Instructions

Post by vgrace »

I've sent private email. Hopefully the email address I have from December is still valid.

FTPVC is freezing on me frequently and I've run the trace, but since my computer is locked up I can't copy out the results.

Please see the email sent to greg and let me know what I need to do.
psguru
Site Admin

Post by psguru »

[After getting the traces]

The error you are getting is "426 Connection closed; transfer aborted", and it's coming from Microsoft FTP Service (part of IIS). I don't know what kind of network you are on. You may want to talk to your system administrator about this FTP error. They, in turn, may want to upgrade your IIS to the latest service pack (according to http://groups-beta.google.com/group/mic ... 531a33d21d )

Also, try using passive FTP (Project Options | Advanced | Passive FTP. Often, it helps in similar situations.
psguru
PrestoSoft
vgrace

Thanks

Post by vgrace »

OK ... I'll give your message to our IT staff who can then communicate with our ISP if needed. If needed, may they contact you with any additional questions? Do you have a phone # they can call?
vgrace

Passive FTP

Post by vgrace »

I can't select the Passive FTP ... it's grayed out. If I deselect other options, it remains grayed out. Thoughts?
psguru
Site Admin

Post by psguru »

If needed, may they contact you with any additional questions? Do you have a phone # they can call?

No, it has to be done via e-mail or in this forum.
I can't select the Passive FTP ... it's grayed out. If I deselect other options, it remains grayed out. Thoughts?
You have to select Passive FTP prior to connecting. Disconnect, select Passive FTP, then connect again.
psguru
PrestoSoft