BUG: "column expansion" prevents keystroke actions

General questions about using FtpVC, ideas for new features, bug reports, and usage tips.
grimblefritz

BUG: "column expansion" prevents keystroke actions

Post by grimblefritz »

If you have long file names, longer than can be displayed in the file list layout, and you hover the mouse over that name, the system will display the full filename in a tool tip sort of mode.

While this "column expansion" mode (or tool tip, if that is more accurate) is active, you cannot use the keyboard shortcuts -- such as Ctrl-G, Ctrl-O and so forth.

If you move the mouse away from the long filename, once the tool tip disappears then keyboard response is restored.
psguru
Site Admin

Post by psguru »

What version (build date) are you using? This was fixed some time ago, and is fixed in the final 2.3 -- now, when Ctrl is pressed, the tooltip goes away.
psguru
PrestoSoft
grimblefritz

Post by grimblefritz »

I'm using 2.3 final (2/28/2005 11:51:21 pm).

Running on both Win98SE and WinME.
psguru
Site Admin

Post by psguru »

Just tested under 98SE -- still no problems. When I press Ctrl, the tooltip over a long name goes away.
psguru
PrestoSoft
grimblefritz

Post by grimblefritz »

Nope, doesn't work here. Not sure why, but the tooltip does not go away when Ctrl is pressed. The tooltip only goes away if the mouse is moved off the entry.
psguru
Site Admin

Post by psguru »

I'm not sure why it doesn't work for you. The code is written in such a way that whenever a key is pressed, the tip disappears. Are you sure you are using the final 2.3 build from the web site?
psguru
PrestoSoft