um....

General questions about using ExamDiff Pro, ideas for new features, bug reports, and usage tips.
Cy

um....

Post by Cy »

I dont get it...

When I compare a file its adding all these ...'s and >> that arnt origonaly in the file :S. How do I get rid of them?
psguru
Site Admin

Post by psguru »

Not sure what you mean. Could you provide an example?
psguru
PrestoSoft
Cy

Post by Cy »

psguru wrote:Not sure what you mean. Could you provide an example?
Oh nevermind I got it now. Its that white-space replacer. And I think I found a bug.

When you have a new instance of the program, if you turn off white-spaces then close the window (returning to the old instance) the setting you made to turn off white-spaces arnt saved. I dont think any setting is :S. I had to turn off new instance for file to make it get rid of the "..." and ">>" replacements.

Great work though :)

Definatly the best directory/file comparison program ive used. Helped me track down all my modifications in IPB so I could make them again in a later version.

Now im just gonna have to put together $35 pretty soon :D (just spent ~$150 on Invisoin Power Board... eeeeekkkk.... will get some more cash later ^_^)
psguru
Site Admin

Post by psguru »

When you have a new instance of the program, if you turn off white-spaces then close the window (returning to the old instance) the setting you made to turn off white-spaces arnt saved. I dont think any setting is :S. I had to turn off new instance for file to make it get rid of the "..." and ">>" replacements.
It's actually by design: the first instance doesn't know what the second instance did. It you change a setting in the second instance, then close it, the next instance will remember the setting. However, the very first instance will not be aware of changes. And if it was the last one to closed, its (unchanged) setting will be saved to the Registry, thus making all new instances use it.
psguru
PrestoSoft