Command Line

General questions about using ExamDiff Pro, ideas for new features, bug reports, and usage tips.
Manor

Command Line

Post by Manor »

Hi,

I like to compare two files but not the first 6 bytes (that contains row number) on each line.
I know I could manage this from the application itself (GUI based), but can I kick it off from the command line?

ExamDiff c:\temp\a.txt c:\temp\b.txt /?

I've seam that there are some options that could be added as params at the end of the (above) line command...but what should I use in order to skip the compare of position 1-6?

Best regards,
Manor - Sweden
MudGuard
Expert Member

Re: Command Line

Post by MudGuard »

you could set
^......
in the compare options in the field "parts matching regular expression".

Don't know whether you can set this on the command line ...
psguru
Site Admin

Post by psguru »

You can't set this option via the command line but you can set in in the GUI, and it will be remembered when you run the program. Or save your options to a named session, and use the /se option.
psguru
PrestoSoft
Manor

Post by Manor »

I've saved a session file with the options I wanted...and added /sf:c:\test.edpi to the command, and it worked the way I wanted it to work. Is the /se option a better or faster way to achive the same result? I didn't really understand the differens.

Best regards,
Manor
psguru
Site Admin

Post by psguru »

/se may be slightly faster but not by much. It reads from the Registry, not from file (like /sf)
psguru
PrestoSoft