No differences found in directory comparisons

General questions about using ExamDiff Pro, ideas for new features, bug reports, and usage tips.
schieb

Post by schieb »

:x Argh, I'm frustrated with a Exam Diff Pro problem I can't solve.

Seems the 3.5 and new 4.0 beta versions say "No differences found" though I've thoroughly confirmed that the two directories do indeed differ.

i've checked option settings, rebooted, uninstalled/reinstalled and swore. none of which helped.

help please!
psguru
Site Admin

Post by psguru »

There are couple of things you may want to check:

1. Directory comparison filters (under Options | Dir Comparison | Filters in 4.0)
2. If you are using full file comparison, check ignore settings under Options | Compare, and plug-ins under Options | Plug-ins).
psguru
PrestoSoft
schieb

Post by schieb »

psguru wrote:There are couple of things you may want to check:

1. Directory comparison filters (under Options | Dir Comparison | Filters in 4.0)
2. If you are using full file comparison, check ignore settings under Options | Compare, and plug-ins under Options | Plug-ins).
psguru, your a saint and I'm a, well....
Somehow the "*" was missing from the "Include Files" line under Directory comparison filter....so OBVIOUSLY, nothing was included!!

:) :) :D :D
AlexL
Expert Member

Post by AlexL »

If "Include" filter is empty, I would suggest to EDP developer to think about some warning, because there is no chance to see proper results (unless for debugging purpose). Or such warning already exists?
psguru
Site Admin

Post by psguru »

It does in the latest build of 4.0 Beta as a balloon message at the end of comparison.
psguru
PrestoSoft