Can't find release notes for minor updates

General questions about using ExamDiff Pro, ideas for new features, bug reports, and usage tips.
AlexL
Expert Member

Can't find release notes for minor updates

Post by AlexL »

Hello.

When I see that there is a new beta version, I often download and install it. Sometimes I know what was the change from the forum messages, but sometimes I don't know what has changed.

Why it is bad that we don't know what has changed?
- If there were some bug fixes, we could have experienced problems just with that thing, which has been fixed. We could had found workaround on account of less feasibility, and now we don't know that we can eliminate this workaround.
- If there was some new feature extension, we would know nothing about it, because we did not see that it is implemented. "What's new" won't contain this, because it was not new feature, but only feature modification.

Example of such situation is positive change of Manual Synchronization behaviour (as far as I remember): if you right click on the ManSync point, it began to suggest you good context menu, which I found by occasion. Initial variant convinced me that it is forbidden to click on the Sync point, because it will be deleted without questions (if I'm not mistaken). Now I have a menu, or question, which is good, but I did not know this - got used to avoid clicking on those places.

Currently in "what's new" we can read about differences between releases, but not between beta versions. Regarding beta versions - even such standard stamp as "small bug fixes" would probably help to feel better: we'll know that we have nothing new to search.

Is it possible to publish some notes also about beta versions?

Thank you.
psguru
Site Admin

Re: Can't find release notes for minor updates

Post by psguru »

We generally do not publish notes about changes between beta versions, because for the most part, other than the changes documented here, the changes are very minor bug fixes or performance improvements that do not affect many users, and as such do not need to documented.

We rarely change major features between beta builds, and what we did with manual synchronization was the exception, not the norm. Remember that full documentation for every feature can always be found in ExamDiff Pro Help, and we do update the documentation as we alter the features.
psguru
PrestoSoft