Manual synchronization in v3.5.0.0 Beta

General questions about using ExamDiff Pro, ideas for new features, bug reports, and usage tips.
psguru
Site Admin

Post by psguru »

1) Very odd. Could you try another MFC-based program to see if Esc works for splitter? AFAIK, Textpad is one of them.

2) A newer version of EDP will not be overwritten by an older version if you try to install it on top of a newer version. And no, it doesn't explain the crashes. As I said in another thread, some things that you experience on your PC (such as the Esc key behavior) look very strange...
psguru
PrestoSoft
AlexL
Expert Member

Post by AlexL »

psguru wrote:1) Very odd. Could you try another MFC-based program to see if Esc works for splitter? AFAIK, Textpad is one of them.
Didn't get Textpad (yet), but found that <Esc> works in EDP, though in other place: when I press <Esc> while dragging toolbar, it cancels dragging (as it should).
psguru
Site Admin

Post by psguru »

Toolbar is based on a totally different base class.

The point here is that for some reason MFC's splitter doesn't work properly on your PC. So what you need is an MFC-based program that has a splitter. You could try ExamDiff (freeware) but it's from our company too so I don't expect it to behave differently from EDP).
psguru
PrestoSoft