$OUTPUTFILEPATH

General questions about using ExamDiff Pro, ideas for new features, bug reports, and usage tips.
MSpagni
Expert Member

$OUTPUTFILEPATH

Post by MSpagni »

To properly compare some files with EDP I need to call the apposite program (plug-in) that converts them to text.
The problem arises when the conversion output file must have a specific extension because its extension is what decides the output format. Of course, in this case the relevant extension is not the input one nor ".txt" (too easy! :wink: ).
Is it there a trick to specify the extension of $OUTPUTFILEPATH?

N.B. I like a lot the temporary output file having a unique filename like the one supplied by $OUTPUTFILEPATH.

At the moment I solved the problem using a batch file as follows:

Code: Select all

@program.exe -convert %1 "%~dpn2.oddext"
@ren "%~dpn2.oddext" "%~nx2"
Of course, the arguments are "$INPUTFILEPATH $OUTPUTFILEPATH"
Last edited by MSpagni on Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
psguru
Site Admin

Re: $OUTPUTFILEPATH

Post by psguru »

I'm a little confused. $OUTPUTFILEPATH is used internally as an alternative to standard output. It is then used by EDP to read the converted text and compare, while still pretending it deals with the actual file. $OUTPUTFILEPATH also gets the same extension as the actual (input) file.
psguru
PrestoSoft
MSpagni
Expert Member

Re: $OUTPUTFILEPATH

Post by MSpagni »

psguru wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:56 pm $OUTPUTFILEPATH also gets the same extension as the actual (input) file.
Right that! The conversion program complains that input and output files have the same extension, so the same format, so nothing needs to be done...