No recompare

General questions about using ExamDiff Pro, ideas for new features, bug reports, and usage tips.
MSpagni
Expert Member

No recompare

Post by MSpagni »

I was comparing a couple of pdf.
I noticed I had "use plugins" off, so I cacelled (N.B. cancelling does not always work; using the "esc" key seems a little better) the comparison and, as I should expect, I got two empty panes.
Then I clicked "use plugins" on and then "re-compare". The two empty panes keep reappearing almost immediately, no matter if "use plugins" is on or off.
The only way to really recompare is to exit and restart EDP.
psguru
Site Admin

Re: No recompare

Post by psguru »

Hmm... You don't have to restart EDP, you can just do a new comparison. What happens when you cancel a new comparison is that EDP will simply open two empty files (panes), and there will be no file paths in the title panes on top of main panes. So there's nothing to re-compare: no files are there.

Also, this is not a plug-ins "issue", a simple Re-compare would also produce no results.
psguru
PrestoSoft
MSpagni
Expert Member

Post by MSpagni »

It sounds odd to me, but I can survive...
psguru
Site Admin

Post by psguru »

Not sure what is odd. Cancelling a comparison makes it look like it never happened and allows you to have blank panes, where you can type something and compare that.
psguru
PrestoSoft
MSpagni
Expert Member

Post by MSpagni »

I understand, but often I have to cancel a comparison just because I want to change some option that I forgot to set in advance, and then I want to restart the comparison.
psguru
Site Admin

Post by psguru »

Remembering the last cancelled comparison would create problems if you wanted to type in blank panes and hit Re-compare. What would be compared then? Newly typed text or the remembered pair?

In any case, you can always start a new comparison in your scenario, as I mentioned earlier.
psguru
PrestoSoft