Page 1 of 1
Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:45 am
To begin with: happy new year.
I updated EDP last december 7 and all was as always (I think).
Not so long ago, all of a sudden, EDP (32 bit) popped up a dialog saying "You have been evaluating ExamDiff Pro for 0 days out of 30" and requesting me to activate it.
I saw you added the "activation ID" so I though you were asking me for this.
I re-registered EDP and all was fine... 'till now.
Now I have again a dialog saying "You have been evaluating ExamDiff Pro for 0 days out of 30." and requesting me to activate EDP once again...
Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:09 am
We'd need more information. First make sure that you have only one password.* file in ExamDiff Pro directory. If this is the case, please send us the key you are using via email.
Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:31 am
I have the same issue. Windows 10 64 bit, Exam diff 64-bit.
Sometimes the password.bin-file is gone, exam diff complains about evaluation period.
Other times exam diff complains about the evaluation period but the password.bin-file is there and a restart of exam diff solves the issue. At least until next time when the password.bin-file has been removed again.
I've lost count as to how many times this has happened...
This started happening as soon as I upgraded to version 10 of exam diff and has been going on since. Currently on 10.0.1.6 and the password.bin-file was gone when I was going to compare files (initiated from total commander).
I don't know if the issue is due to windows 10 (as it has been deleting files for users, but the password.bin-file is the only for me to disappear, so I deem it as unlikely) or an issue with exam diff (which I hold as most probable).
Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:02 am
Please send us your key (the long Base-64 string) via email so that we can investigate the issue.
Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:19 am
The problem was the excess of active instances of EDP.
In december I bought a new laptop and I installed EDP on it too.
I was thinking it was my third instance but, looking at the activation list on the site, I discovered it resulted the fourth, hence the problems.
I don't remember where and why I activated one of the previous instances, but deactivating it solved the problem.
Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:33 pm
Even if that's the problem, which it shouldn't be, it would be a good idea if the program actually said so instead of doing something inane.
Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:35 am
Normally it should show an error. If it doesn't, it could be a condition that is not covered by our use cases, and in your particular situation I was unable to reproduce the error-less behavior.
Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:36 pm
Well, after you fixed whatever the activation-error was I haven't seen the error so I hope it stays working ^^ It created the exact same password.bin as I already had.