Is it possible to have what you see in ExamDiff Pro formatted into Excel with 2 Columns?

General questions about using ExamDiff Pro, ideas for new features, bug reports, and usage tips.
Loopback

Is it possible to have what you see in ExamDiff Pro formatted into Excel with 2 Columns?

Post by Loopback »

All,

New to the forum. I have used ExamDiff for years and it does everything I need and more. I have 1 small question about what I'm seeing on my screen in ExamDiff Pro and taking that into Excel including blank lines. For Example, I would like to take everything in file1/pane 1 and move to column A in excel. Then I would like to take everything in File2/Pane 2 and put into the same Excel worksheet Column B. I would like to also maintain the extra lines or differences. Not sure if this is possible. I tried a simple copy and paste and the line breaks don’t stay. Also I was thinking the Unix Diff file might work, but I can't find anyone who has taken a consolidated UNIX diff file, and was able to convert/unmerge that to 2 columns in Microsoft Excel. I appreciate any help!
psguru
Site Admin

Re: Is it possible to have what you see in ExamDiff Pro formatted into Excel with 2 Columns?

Post by psguru »

You can use Right Click | Copy With Padding Lines command.
psguru
PrestoSoft