Multiuser-License - Reinstall Windows

General questions about using ExamDiff Pro, ideas for new features, bug reports, and usage tips.
tschmidt

Multiuser-License - Reinstall Windows

Post by tschmidt »

Can someone explain me, how the multiuser licenses are working with ExamDiff Pro?
What happens, if someone reinstalls his Windows? Must he deactivate the license before or is the license "lost" if he doesn't?

And can the licenses be transfered to another user/computer?

Regards,
Thorsten
psguru
Site Admin

Re: Multiuser-License - Reinstall Windows

Post by psguru »

What happens, if someone reinstalls his Windows? Must he deactivate the license before or is the license "lost" if he doesn't?
You don't need to deactivate for reinstallation of Windows, simply apply your registration key after you install ExamDiff Pro on your reinstalled Windows.
And can the licenses be transfered to another user/computer?
Yes, as long as the total number of users does not exceed your license count.
psguru
PrestoSoft
tschmidt

Post by tschmidt »

Hello psguru,

thanks for your answer.

Can you tell me more about the license transfer? Is ExamDiff Pro using a concurrent license model?
If not, how can a license be transferred? Wouldn't applying the registration key to a further machine exceed the license count without deactivating the license on another machine?

Regards, Thorsten
psguru
Site Admin

Post by psguru »

ExamDiff Pro does not use a concurrent license model.

As far as deactivation is concerned, let me clarify: starting with version 8.0, you do need to deactivate a license using the Help menu. In earlier version we used a different approach.
psguru
PrestoSoft