Plugins

General questions about using ExamDiff Pro, ideas for new features, bug reports, and usage tips.
MSpagni
Expert Member

Plugins

Post by MSpagni »

I have a plugin that operates on archives and compares the lists of the files included in them.
The file extensions, no wonder, are the same as the "Unzip" plugin.
I already discovered that if both plugins are enabled they are applied in sequence, with odd results.
No problem: I disabled the standard one leaving only mine.

Each time I install an update, the standard one ("Unzip") is automatically reenabled.
Not such a big trouble: I just have to go once again in the option menu and disable it.
But maybe this can be avoided.

Maybe, and maybe not.
If someone tinkered with the plugins and did a mess, I suppose he espects that reinstalling resets it all.

I don't know exactly what to suggest, so I just let you know.

Regards,
Maurizio
MSpagni
Expert Member

Re: Plugins

Post by MSpagni »

To begin with: happy Easter! :D

I'll revive this topic because I meet it with every update.
Since in the options->comparison plug-ins page there is the button "reset to default", with also the "reset this page only" and "reset all pages" options (very good!), why not avoid to reset the activation status of the plugins already present when updating?
psguru
Site Admin

Post by psguru »

Trying to understand... Are you referring to the Enabled checkbox for each plug-in? If so, it is by design, to let users enable/disable plug-ins set up by the installer. It does help with support questions quite a bit.
psguru
PrestoSoft
MSpagni
Expert Member

Post by MSpagni »

Yes, right those.
I don't have to make a big effort to understand that it can make the support easier. :roll:
But since there is the "reset this page only" button... :wink: