Git difftool

General questions about using ExamDiff Pro, ideas for new features, bug reports, and usage tips.
RogerAikin

Git difftool

Post by RogerAikin »

git (source code control) has a command called difftool which invokes the difference tool of your choice to see the difference between 2 files.
(Instructions for setting it up are already on the PrestoSoft site, under "Version Control" in the left sidebar of the ExamDiff Pro page.)
Using that setup, I'm finding that some files work great and some don't open at all. I'm working on some JavaScript files created by Sencha Architect. Sencha creates *.js files from metadata text files it keeps, which have no real extension. Example:

Code: Select all

myproject-client/metadata/view/analytics.ReportMain
... that file is used to generate a javascript file, like

myproject-client/app/view/analytics/ReportMain.js
If I issue the command on the git-command-line:

git difftool -- myproject-client/app/view/analytics/ReportMain.js
it opens ExamDiff Pro and displays a comparison of old and new files. But if I try to do this on the metadata file...

$ git difftool -- myproject-client/metadata/view/analytics.ReportMainController
I get the response:

warning: LF will be replaced by CRLF in myproject-client/metadata/view/analytics.ReportMainController.
The file will have its original line endings in your working directory.
and ExamDiff Pro does NOT open. Is this a bug? Can you fix it? Does anyone know a workaround?
psguru
Site Admin

Re: Git difftool

Post by psguru »

This message ("warning: LF will be replaced by CRLF in myproject-client/metadata/view/analytics.ReportMainController. The file will have its original line endings in your working directory.") does not come from ExamDiff Pro, so it looks like something happens before ExamDiff Pro is invoked.
psguru
PrestoSoft