Manual unlinking synced lines

General questions about using ExamDiff Pro, ideas for new features, bug reports, and usage tips.
rcaffrey

Manual unlinking synced lines

Post by rcaffrey »

examdiff.png
examdiff.png (21.69 KiB) Viewed 6225 times
See highlighted line in the image above.

How do I manually unlink the two items? They obviously don't match, and neither has a match in the opposite file, but they're located in a position where ExamDiff thinks they should. I've looked through FAQs, Tutorials, and in this forum and cannot seem to find the answer. Is there a way to manually change the left entry to "Deleted" and the right entry to "Added"?

Thank you in advance!
psguru
Site Admin

Re: Manual unlinking synced lines

Post by psguru »

If you are referring to lines 96/8, use the Split Block command in the context menu.
psguru
PrestoSoft
rcaffrey

Post by rcaffrey »

That did not seem to help. In fact, in inexplicably caused a line to magically disappear! I split the block, which separated all info on both sides into "delete"s and "add"s. And when I went to manually re-link the lines 95/7, it re-matched (incorrectly) lines 96/8... AND, what's worse, is that line 97 on the left side (from the screenshot in my first post) has now disappeared!! The 3rd field is version number. In the new screenshot, version "3.3" is no longer there.

Here's a screen shot of the result:
examdiff2.png
examdiff2.png (35.83 KiB) Viewed 6222 times
Any ideas???
psguru
Site Admin

Post by psguru »

I misunderstood your original screenshot. Unfortunately, I don't see how what you need can be done within the program.
psguru
PrestoSoft