Replace character string with CR LF

General questions about using ExamDiff Pro, ideas for new features, bug reports, and usage tips.
whc23863

Replace character string with CR LF

Post by whc23863 »

We use Oracle Forms 10G whose FMB files are stored in a proprietary format. However, Oracle has a tool that enables us to convert a FMB file to an XML file. We then use ExamDiff Pro 7.0 (Build 7.0.1.1 64 bit) to compare the old and new versions, and, in general, it works great.

However, much of the custom code we write within an Oracle Forms application is multiple lines long. When Oracle's utility creates the XML file it converts the carriage returns / line feeds (CR LF) to the string "
" (without the quotation marks). With "Enable Word Wrap" I can see the code -- but it's in a large block and is therefore a bit of a challenge to read.

What I would like to do within ExamDiff Pro is convert that string to a CR LF so that when I enable word wrap the code will begin a new line at these points it will be easier to read. (If that's not possible is there a way for me to edit the xml file with wordpad to simply replace the 
 with a CR/LF?)
psguru
Site Admin

Re: Replace character string with CR LF

Post by psguru »

There's no way to do this in ExamDiff Pro. You could, however, write a script that does this and then use it as a comparison plug-in.
psguru
PrestoSoft