Data being overwritten

General questions about using ExamDiff Pro, ideas for new features, bug reports, and usage tips.
OldMike

Data being overwritten

Post by OldMike »

Hi, I recently tried to do a compare on two fairly large .csv files. I was trying to spot difference between the two so I could update the new files in one file into the existing fille. I have sort on and I could see the dirrerences highlighted but when I clicked the button to transer the row from th right hand column into the left one, it appears to copy the file across but at the same time, deleted the line in the left hand column. Is there a setting that allows you to insert the new data without destroying that which is already there?

e.g. on comparion

window 1 Window 2
1. This is some text 1. This is some Text
2.this is some more test <--2. This line is different
3.This is the last line 3. This is some more text
4. This is the last line

This is the result I get after clicking the arrow

window 1 Window 2
1. This is some text 1. This is some Text
2. This line is different 2. This line is different
3.This is the last line 3. This is some more text
4. This is the last line

Any guidance greatfully recieved. I have a lot of files to compare and if the overwriting is going to continue, Diff pro is not going to help me I am running version Oh and I have just upgraded to version 6.0.3.13 based on my permitted maintenance agreement and on restarting the application I find I am no longer licensed :cry: :x
psguru
Site Admin

Re: Data being overwritten

Post by psguru »

What you did with the arrow button was a shortcut to the 'Replace block ..." command. You can right-click on the diff block and use the "Add block ..." command instead.
psguru
PrestoSoft