Suppress "Save changes" when no file name exists

General questions about using ExamDiff Pro, ideas for new features, bug reports, and usage tips.
MudGuard
Expert Member

Suppress "Save changes" when no file name exists

Post by MudGuard »

Hi,

currently, I use exam diff pro mainly for comparing pieces of text copied from html pages.

i.e. I start a new instance of ExamDiffPro (with /n to suppress the file dialog), and I copy portions of text into the empty left pane, and other portions of text into the empty right pane.

Although I do no (other) editing than the copy, when I close ExamDiffPro I get asked "Save changes to [first file]?" and then "Save changes to [second file]?". Which is annoying.

I didn't see (but maybe I am blind) an option to suppress the question for "Save changes". And even less an option to suppress the question to "save changes" if no filename exists.
I'd like to keep the question when I actually edited a file, but want to suppress the question if I only compared a text snippet pasted into the area ...

Is this possible?

Thanks,
Andreas a/k/a MudGuard
PS: I am still using 5.0.1.16 (but if necessary to get this feature, I would pay again and upgrade)
psguru
Site Admin

Re: Suppress "Save changes" when no file name exists

Post by psguru »

There's no option for this. However, there is a workaround: instead of opening empty panes, use the Clipboard buttons on the Compare dialog. Then, after your comparison is done and you close the program, ExamDiff Pro will not prompt to save as long as your option "Treat clipboard buffers as initially modified" is not set under Options | Misc.
psguru
PrestoSoft
MudGuard
Expert Member

Re: Suppress "Save changes" when no file name exists

Post by MudGuard »

Thanks - that's good enough for now ... ;-)